2017 Community Wishlist Survey[עריכה]
Kartographer improvements on the Wikimedia wishlist[עריכה]
The kartographer is one of our most important features. RolandUnger has proposed some urgently needed improvements. If you want to support these wishes please vote on meta wiki for the Kartographer improvements. I wish you a very merry Christmas. Thank you very much.
Edit-a-thon "5 years Wikivoyage"[עריכה]
We propose an edit-a-thon dedicated to the 5th anniversary of the Wikivoyage launch at the WMF servers that took place on January 15, 2013. At Russian Wikivoyage it will be combined with the celebration of our 5000th article that we expect in early January. In a nutshell, we plan to request central banner on relevant language versions of Wikipedia, and offer small presents to everyone who makes useful edits to Wikivoyage articles during the period of January 16 - February 15, 2018.
We prepared several pages:
- Landing page that explains the basics of adding new objects and editing the existing ones; how to use Listing Editor and what to write in the description field
- Getting started, where we explain how to use Wikivoyage (dynamic maps, images, GPX files, offline usage) and what is special about our project; how we are different from other travel guides
- Rules of the edit-a-thon. The participants will score 1 point for each object added to an article, provided that they add practical information and write a meaningful description based on their first-hand knowledge. Copying information from the web is strongly discouraged.
- Every participant who scored more than 10 points, will receive postcards (this is equivalent to the prizes given for the Asian Month in Wikipedia). Those participants who will write at least 2 articles with the usable or guide status will receive printed travel guide for the region of their choice.
These are the rules at Russian Wikivoyage. You should feel free to modify them in your own way, but please, stick to several general guidelines:
- Prepare the landing page that will include brief instructions on which articles to edit, how to edit them, as well as links to relevant policies and guidelines in your language
- Provide the text of the central notice in your language
- Name one person who will be responsible for the communication
- If you plan to give presents, draft formal rules and find the presents. Our presents are partly funded by Wikimedia Russia and partly by ourselves. Talking to your regional chapter or even writing a rapid grant application may be a good idea. The prizes are not compulsory, but they are likely to increase the number of participants and motivate them to work harder.
Deadline: January 4, 2018. After this date I will initiate the Central Notice request on meta. Without the landing page and other relevant information, I won't be able to include your language into the request, and you won't have the central banner. Should you have question, please, ask them here or on my talk page. Happy New Year, and all the best in 2018!
לכל מי שלא יודע עדיין, בוויקימסע העברי אנו עורכים בימים אלו מרתון עריכה לקראת יום השנה החמישי להשקה של הויקימסע העברי.
מרתון העריכה מתוכנן להתקיים במקביל גם במהדורות נוספות של ויקימסע בהן המהדורה האנגלית, הגרמנית, הצרפתית, הספרדית, האיטלקית, האוקראינית, הרוסית, הפורטוגזית, ההינדית, והסינית. בנוסף, במהלך חודש פברואר קרן ויקימדיה צפויה להוסיף באנר שיקדם את מרתון העריכה באתרי קרן ויקימדיה.